Who is Calvin's Paws!?
Calvin's Paws works through a foster network throughout the Triangle area to save homeless cats and dogs. FIV positive felines from all over the state are put into our program and we have had wonderful success in finding them forever homes. We are a dedicated group of volunteers with common goals: rescuing animals (both positives and non-infected felines), finding the best fitting homes for each animal and educating the public on animal health and responsible pet ownership.
Calvin's Paws strives to provide a stress free environment for volunteers to assist in the goals of our mission. As teamwork is a large part of the success of Calvin's Paws, we encourage collaborating with other rescue groups and veterinarians. To meet our ultimate goal—decreasing the number of stray animals and stopping the viral cycles of retroviruses, we recognize the necessity and vitality of teamwork to continue our efforts. Please take the time to review our website and see where your time, talents, and efforts can best serve this cause. We welcome your volunteer efforts in all areas and cordially invite you to become part of the Calvin's Paws family and help save lives.
Our Mission Statement
Who We Are: Calvin’s Paws is an all-volunteer, 501(c)(3) nonprofit animal rescue organization. We receive no state or federal financial support; all of our funding comes from the public in the form of adoption fees, gifts, grants and bequests.
Our mission: To rescue and find permanent loving homes for as many homeless pets as possible. To accomplish this mission we support:
• Volunteers: We work to enrich and expand our network of volunteers and foster homes. We strive to provide a stress free and fun environment.
• Adoption Services: For each loving home we strive to maintain contact and support for the lifetime of the animal.
• Foster Care: Each pet receives personal care and attention in our volunteer’s private homes. By living in a foster home, we feel rescued pets flourish and are able to show their true personalities. This assists with placement because the foster parents can offer insights to potential adopters.
• Medical Care: While in our program we ensure each animal is spayed or neutered, vaccinated and receives medical care.
• Education Services: We provide education and information on the responsibilities of lifetime pet-ownership, positive behavior training and the importance of spay/neuter.
• Special Needs: Most of our pets are normal and healthy. We do have foster homes caring for animals with special needs. When a family expresses willingness to adopt this type of pet, we ensure the family understands the special needs and is ready to provide a lifetime home.
• FIV & FeLV: For cats testing positive for FIV & FeLV, we strive to promote a new understanding through education and awareness.
• Rescue Community: We strive to collaborate and assist with all rescue groups in our community.
• Fundraising: Our passion is rescue; admittedly we struggle to raise funds. Please know, we are all volunteers and we do NOT use a fundraising organization. Our donations are used for the care and feeding of rescued animals, we wouldn’t have it any other way.